Coconut oil and its many uses!!
If could I would literally bathe in coconut oil. I love it so much I tend to purchase it in bulk because I use it for so many purposes. It has been my latest go-to skin care/beauty item. As a girl who wears quite a bit of makeup, skin care is the first step to a flawless look. With that being said you can imagine how excited I was to discover this household item that has become essential to my beauty routine. It truly works wonders for skin and hair. Coconut oil can be purchased at your local grocery store or online. I know Amazon has a large variety of coconut oils to choose from.
Ways I use Coconut oil for my skin:
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil is now a part of my Night time skin care regime. I use a dime-size amount mixed with my normal moisturizer. In the morning my skin is always radiant, smooth and glowing. I’ve also noticed less breakout since adding this to my nightly routine.
- Make up remover– A small amount of Coconut oil on a cotton ball or tissue, works wonders for removing make up and effortlessly removes water-proof eye products.
- Diaper Rash– I have a one-year-old daughter who gets diaper rash pretty frequently. Because I love using coconut oil on my skin so much I decided to try it on her and it has soothed the pain and redness of her diaper rashes. I have begun using it regularly and it has kept the diaper rashes away. I use about a tablespoon over the affected area.
- Body oil– If you suffer from Dry skin, coconut oil is hands down the best remedy for it. Mix the coconut oil with your regular body lotion and apply it to dry areas such as elbows, knees, the heels of your feet.
- Stretch marks—coconut oil helps fade the stretch marks and moisturizes the skin. I use this for my stretch marks daily and I’ve noticed a significant difference in color
- Shaving gel— Replace coconut oil with shave gel. Rub a small amount of coconut oil to the area, shave and pat dry. Skin will be sooth and hairless!!
- Hair – If you suffer from dry scalp and dandruff like myself, you’ll find that coconut oil helps with the flakes, itchiness and dryness of the scalp. Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your scalp before styling and the condition of your scalp will improve almost instantly.